1. Application for the the Belenistas de Ortigas Belen-making Contest is open from September 8 to October 14, 2011 to all buildings within Ortigas Center. Note: Establishments within each building may combine their resources in order to join the contest.
2. Each building is entitled to submit only one (1) entry and should satisfy the following:
THEME: To Seek for A King Was Their Intent, And to Follow the Star Wherever It Went.
Belen-Making contestants are challenged to think creatively and out-of-the-box but at the same time, reflecting one of the main characteristics of Christ’s birth: Simplicity. There will be no specific limitations to the kind of materials to be used for as long as the overall theme will be clearly reflected and conveyed by the Belen.
Materials that will be used should not cause damage to our environment. The cost of materials should not exceed the amount of Php 30,000.00
The actual Belen structure should occupy a floor area of at least 6 sqm but should not exceed 10 sqm. The Belen figures should be 2 to 3 meters tall.
The Belen must be located in an area outside of the building preferably in front that is visible from 20 meters away.
3. The criteria for judging are as follows:
Originality and Creativity - 30% (Original and creative use of the materials)
Clarity of the Theme - 30% (Whether the theme was clearly conveyed)
Craftsmanship - 20% (How well the Belen was made? Technique, style, and quality of work)
Overall Visual Impact - 20% (Is the Belen pleasing to look at? Is everything in its proper place? Is there harmony?)
4. The Belen should be made by the tenants of the respective building only.
5. The contestant must fill out the Application Form and submit it to the organizers not later than October 12, 2011.
6. The Belen should be set up and ready for exhibit and judging by December 2, 2011, Friday at 12:00nn. Otherwise, point deductions shall be incurred.
7. The prizes for each contest category are the following:
First Prize PhP 70,000
Second Prize PhP 50,000
Third Prize PhP 30,000
8. UA&P in consultation with members of the organizing committee shall designate the persons who shall constitute the Board of Judges. The decision of the majority of the Board of Judges is final.
9. The names of the winners and the member of the Board of Judges shall be announced during the culminating activity.
10. In due observance of the Christmas season, all participants are encouraged to exhibit all entries until January 8, 2012 (The Feast of the Baptism of Christ, which marks the end of Christmas season).
11. All parties submitting entries are deemed to have accepted the rules of the contest, and agree to abide thereby.